The Sky’s No Limit for Volunteers at the Dudley Observatory!
We are looking for student and adult volunteers who have ideas, and the drive and enthusiasm to implement them. You will work with outreach astronomer Dr. Valerie Rapson and Dudley Board members who are entrepreneurs, educators, university faculty, and corporate technologists. We hope you will share your talents, while discovering new interests.
Here are some great ways you can volunteer with us:
Help us to –
- Plan and Organize Events
- Assist with Star parties & Film festivals
- Work on Fundraising & Member events
- Participate in Special Exhibits and Lectures
Use Astronomy to –
- Attract students to science
- Brainstorm creative educational approaches
Explore History of Albany and History of Astronomy and –
- Stage exhibits using artifacts, archives and rare books
- Mine archives and books for interesting stories
- Tell the stories to interested groups such as students, historical societies, archivists, libraries
Volunteers receive excellent job experience, and are better prepared for future academic work or employment. Volunteer opportunities are also available directly through miSci and encompass a range of educational opportunities.
Interested? Please fill out a miSci volunteer form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention on the form that you are interested in astronomy programs at Dudley Observatory and we’ll get back to you about open opportunities.